- 1 kilogram sebago potatoes, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced thinly
- 6 slice pancetta (90g), chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in medium frying pan; cook onion and pancetta, stirring, until onion softens and pancetta is crisp.
- 4Combine cream, sour cream and chives in medium jug.
- 5Layer a third of the potato slices over base of dish; sprinkle with half the pancetta mixture. Pour a third of the cream mixture over pancetta mixture; sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layering, finishing with cheese.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in oven, about 30 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand 10 minutes before serving.
Sebago is an oval, white skinned potato; it is good fried, mashed and baked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistYesterday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeYesterday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsYesterday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019