Sure the weather is warming up but doesn't mean potato has to go from your menu. This creamy dish is always a winner, any time of year.
- 1 kilogram sebago potatoes, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced thinly
- 6 slice pancetta (90g), chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in medium frying pan; cook onion and pancetta, stirring, until onion softens and pancetta is crisp.
- 4Combine cream, sour cream and chives in medium jug.
- 5Layer a third of the potato slices over base of dish; sprinkle with half the pancetta mixture. Pour a third of the cream mixture over pancetta mixture; sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat layering, finishing with cheese.
- 6Bake, uncovered, in oven, about 30 minutes or until browned lightly. Stand 10 minutes before serving.
Sebago is an oval, white skinned potato; it is good fried, mashed and baked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020