- 2 cup (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (80g) instant polenta
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 24 x 6cm (2½-inch) small tart cases (220g)
- 12 small_piece fresh figs (600g), halved lengthways
- 150 gram blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh chervil sprigs, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic glaze
- 24 mini store bought tart shells
- 1To make polenta, place milk in a small, heavy- based saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Whisking continuously, gradually add polenta in a thin stream, whisk for 5 minutes or until cooked and thickened. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan and chives. Season to taste.
- 2Place about 1 tablespoon of polenta into each tart shell. (If the polenta has thickened too much on standing, thin it by gradually whisking in a little extra milk.) Top with fig halves, sprinkle over blue cheese.
- 3Place tarts on a large platter, top with chervil sprigs, drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Instant polenta, available from supermarkets, comes with cooking times varying from 1-5 minutes, so it's always best to read the packet directions. To keep polenta warm when serving, place polenta in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally to prevent a skin from forming. If fresh figs are out of season, substitute with dried figs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019