- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 750 gram piece boneless ham
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- 3 baby fennel bulbs (390g), sliced finely
- 100 gram (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 pomegranate
- 100 gram feta cheese
- 1Bring juice, sugar and spice to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until glaze is reduced by half.
- 2Cut ham into 1cm (½-inch) thick slices. Combine ham and glaze in large shallow dish. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove ham from glaze, transfer glaze to small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and syrupy.
- 4Cook ham on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) until browned both sides.
- 5To make salad, combine juice and oil in large bowl; add fennel and rocket, toss gently, season to taste. Remove seeds from pomegranate; top salad with seeds and crumbled cheese.
- 6Serve salad with ham; drizzle with glaze.
To remove the seeds from a pomegranate, cut it in half crossways and hold cut-side down over a bowl. Hit the outside skin of the fruit sharply with a wooden spoon as hard as you can and the seeds should fall out. If they don't, dig them out with a teaspoon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020