- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 750 gram piece boneless ham
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- 3 baby fennel bulbs (390g), sliced finely
- 100 gram (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 pomegranate
- 100 gram feta cheese
- 1Bring juice, sugar and spice to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until glaze is reduced by half.
- 2Cut ham into 1cm (½-inch) thick slices. Combine ham and glaze in large shallow dish. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove ham from glaze, transfer glaze to small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and syrupy.
- 4Cook ham on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) until browned both sides.
- 5To make salad, combine juice and oil in large bowl; add fennel and rocket, toss gently, season to taste. Remove seeds from pomegranate; top salad with seeds and crumbled cheese.
- 6Serve salad with ham; drizzle with glaze.
To remove the seeds from a pomegranate, cut it in half crossways and hold cut-side down over a bowl. Hit the outside skin of the fruit sharply with a wooden spoon as hard as you can and the seeds should fall out. If they don't, dig them out with a teaspoon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019