- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 750 gram piece boneless ham
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil
- 3 baby fennel bulbs (390g), sliced finely
- 100 gram (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 pomegranate
- 100 gram feta cheese
- 1Bring juice, sugar and spice to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until glaze is reduced by half.
- 2Cut ham into 1cm (½-inch) thick slices. Combine ham and glaze in large shallow dish. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 3Remove ham from glaze, transfer glaze to small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thick and syrupy.
- 4Cook ham on heated oiled barbecue (or grill or grill pan) until browned both sides.
- 5To make salad, combine juice and oil in large bowl; add fennel and rocket, toss gently, season to taste. Remove seeds from pomegranate; top salad with seeds and crumbled cheese.
- 6Serve salad with ham; drizzle with glaze.
To remove the seeds from a pomegranate, cut it in half crossways and hold cut-side down over a bowl. Hit the outside skin of the fruit sharply with a wooden spoon as hard as you can and the seeds should fall out. If they don't, dig them out with a teaspoon.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019