- 375 gram rigatoni pasta
- 30 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan
- 1 1/4 cup coarsely grated cheddar
- 415 gram canned pink salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender; drain.
- 3Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour; cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and bubbles. Gradually stir in milk; stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in peas, ¼ cup parmesan and ¾ cup cheddar. Season to taste.
- 4Pour sauce mixture with pasta and salmon into an oiled shallow 2.5-litre (10-cup) ovenproof dish; sprinkle with remaining combined cheeses.
- 5Cook uncovered, for 20 minutes or until browned lightly.
Serve accompanied with asparagus or broccoli or a green leafy salad, if liked. You can use red salmon or canned tuna if you like. The recipe can be made to the end of step 4 several hours ahead. From cold, bake covered at 200°C for 30 minutes or until heated through then uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021