- 1/4 cup ballantyne olive oil spreadable butter, softened
- finely grated zest 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 skinless white fish fillets
- 100 gram vermicelli noodles, soaked in boiling water
- 1 cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- 1In a small bowl, combine butter, lime zest, coriander and garlic. Mix well and season to taste.
- 2In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil on high. Cook fish 2-3 minutes, each side, until flesh flakes when tested with a fork.
- 3Meanwhile, make noodle salad: In a large bowl, combine noodles, cucumber, carrot, coriander, onion and chilli. Dress with combined sauces and juice.
- 4Serve each fish portion topped with a dollop of flavoured butter and accompany with noodle salad.
Flavoured butters are a fast and easy way to dress up simple pan fried seafood, chicken and steaks. Try other combinations such as mustard and rosemary butter with barbecued beef steaks, lemon grass and chilli butter with grilled prawns or lemon and thyme butter with grilled chicken breast.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeJan 19, 2022