- 1 kilogram potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Oven-baked chicken schnitzels
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (440g)
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly, extra
- 1/2 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (80g) corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Preheat oven to hot (200°C).
- 2Combine potato, egg white, cayenne pepper and paprika in large bowl; toss to coat potato all over in spice mixture. Place potato, in single layer, in shallow lightly oiled baking dish; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 40 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Meanwhile, trim fat from chicken. Using meat mallet, gently pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until 5mm thick.
- 4Toss chicken in flour; shake away excess. Dip chicken in small bowl containing extra egg white then toss in separate small bowl containing combined crumbs and salt.
- 5Place chicken, in single layer, on oiled oven tray; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 20 minutes or until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 6Serve chicken schnitzel with spicy wedges.
If you prefer, use stale breadcrumbs flavoured with grated lemon rind and finely chopped parsley in place of the corn flake crumbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019