- 1 kilogram potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Oven-baked chicken schnitzels
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (440g)
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly, extra
- 1/2 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (80g) corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Preheat oven to hot (200°C).
- 2Combine potato, egg white, cayenne pepper and paprika in large bowl; toss to coat potato all over in spice mixture. Place potato, in single layer, in shallow lightly oiled baking dish; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 40 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Meanwhile, trim fat from chicken. Using meat mallet, gently pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until 5mm thick.
- 4Toss chicken in flour; shake away excess. Dip chicken in small bowl containing extra egg white then toss in separate small bowl containing combined crumbs and salt.
- 5Place chicken, in single layer, on oiled oven tray; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 20 minutes or until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 6Serve chicken schnitzel with spicy wedges.
If you prefer, use stale breadcrumbs flavoured with grated lemon rind and finely chopped parsley in place of the corn flake crumbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019