- 1 kilogram potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 egg white, beaten lightly
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Oven-baked chicken schnitzels
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (440g)
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten lightly, extra
- 1/2 cup (35g) packaged breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (80g) corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Preheat oven to hot (200°C).
- 2Combine potato, egg white, cayenne pepper and paprika in large bowl; toss to coat potato all over in spice mixture. Place potato, in single layer, in shallow lightly oiled baking dish; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 40 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 3Meanwhile, trim fat from chicken. Using meat mallet, gently pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until 5mm thick.
- 4Toss chicken in flour; shake away excess. Dip chicken in small bowl containing extra egg white then toss in separate small bowl containing combined crumbs and salt.
- 5Place chicken, in single layer, on oiled oven tray; bake, uncovered, in hot oven about 20 minutes or until browned both sides and cooked through.
- 6Serve chicken schnitzel with spicy wedges.
If you prefer, use stale breadcrumbs flavoured with grated lemon rind and finely chopped parsley in place of the corn flake crumbs.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019