- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 11/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- (40g) flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease individual fluted tart moulds with butter. Place on oven tray.
- 2Place egg whites in medium bowl; whisk lightly with fork until combined. Add butter, honey, orange blossom water, ground almonds, sifted icing sugar and flour; stir until combined. Half fill the tart moulds with mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- 3Bake about 12 minutes. Stand friands 5 minutes before turning top-side up onto wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture and almonds.
- 4Combine honey and blossom water in small saucepan; bring to the boil. Remove from heat; stir in orange blossom water. Cool. Serve friands drizzled with honey syrup.
We used tart moulds bought from a supermarket, which came in sets of four. The friand mixture will be fine left to stand at room temperature if you're making the friands in small batches. Alternatively, make 12 friands using 12-hole (1/2-cup/125ml) oval friand pan. Divide mixture into pan holes; bake about 20 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020