- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 3/4 cup (260g) white chocolate melts
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 5 1/2 cup (880g) icing (confectioners’) sugar
- pink food colouring
- 3 cup (240g) desiccated coconut
- 2 x 34g rolls hard musk lollies
- 300 millilitre thickened (heavy) cream, whipped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm rectangular slice pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over the edge.
- 2Beat butter, caster sugar and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 6 minutes or until light and creamy. Stir in sifted flours and almond meal, in two batches. Spread mixture into pan; smooth surface.
- 3Bake cake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Cut cooled cake into 32 squares.
- 4Stir chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over low heat until just smooth. Transfer mixture to a large heatproof bowl; stir in sifted icing sugar until smooth. Tint pink with food colouring.
- 5Place coconut in a medium bowl. Coat cake pieces in tinted icing until completely coated. Toss in coconut; place on a tray. Leave for 10 minutes to set slightly.
- 6Process musk lollies in a food processor to a powder. Fold powder into cream.
- 7Using a small serrated knife, cut each lamington in half horizontally. Spoon cream mixture over bases; replace tops.
If you like, try spreading the cut-sides of the lamingtons with berry or cherry jam if you like before adding cream. The cake can be made up to 1 day ahead; store in an airtight container at room temperature or freeze for up to 3 months. Iced lamingtons can be made a day ahead; fill with cream close to serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021