- 1/2 batch pizza dough (see below)
- 1 cup tomato pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cup grated pizza cheese
- 3 kransky or chorizo sausages, sliced
- fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil)
- rocket leaves, feta, olive oil, to serve
- 1 sachet (8g) instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 350 millilitre lukewarm water
- 500 gram plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 190°C. Divide the dough into about 12 balls, then roll out each to about 10cm. Place the dough rounds on large lined baking trays, leaving room for them to expand.
- 2Coat each round with sauce and top with grated cheese and a few slices of sausage. Sprinkle with herbs and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- 3Transfer onto a serving plate or board, and top with rocket leaves, crumble over feta and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and salt and mix well, then add the water and set aside for 10 minutes until the mixture is frothy and bubbling.
- 5Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre, add a quarter of the yeast liquid at a time, mixing with your fingers until the mixture is sticky and clumps together. Transfer to a lightly-floured surface and knead the dough with your hands for 5-8 minutes or until the dough is smooth and pliable (you may need to add a little extra flour or water).
- 6Place the dough back into a clean, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size. Remove the tea towel and knock back or punch the dough a few times to release the air, then let rise again for 30 minutes before using.
These little pizzas come in handy for after-school snacks, lunch boxes or parties – so next time you have leftover dough, cook and freeze them for a later date. The topping flavours are endless, so have fun creating your favourite. In a pizza oven, they only take 2-3 minutes or in the oven 10-12.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaAug 08, 2022
- Gluten free basic biscuitsAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022
- Veal braciole with rice and peasAug 08, 2022
- Beef mince and rice burritosAug 08, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022