- 1 3/4 cup (350g) rice flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) (corn) cornflour
- 1/3 cup (40g) soya flour
- 200 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water, approximately
Mini meat pies
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 rindless bacon rashers (130g), chopped finely
- 350 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (35g) arrowroot
- 2 cup (500ml) gluten-free beef stock
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
Mini meat pies
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan; cook onion and bacon, stirring, until onion softens and bacon is browned. Add beef; cook, stirring, until browned.
- 2Add paste and blended arrowroot and stock; bring to the boil stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is thickened. Cool.
- 3Meanwhile, to make pastry, process flours and butter until mixture is fine. Add enough of the water to make ingredients come together. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil 12 x 1/4-cup (60ml) foil pie cases (7cm diameter top, 5cm diameter base); place on oven tray.
- 5Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick; cut 12 x 9cm rounds from pastry. Ease pastry rounds into cases; press into base and sides. Spoon beef mixture into pastry cases; brush edges with egg.
- 6Cut 12 x 7cm rounds from remaining pastry; place rounds on pies, press pastry to seal edges. Brush pies with remaining egg; cut two small slits in top of each pie.
- 7Bake pies about 25 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- How to bake fresh sourdough batardAug 15, 2022
- 28 easy cheesecake slicesAug 15, 2022
- Grilled chicken with barley pilafAug 15, 2022
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese ravioliAug 15, 2022
- Deep-pan pepperoni pizzaAug 15, 2022
- 24 vegetarian lasagne recipesAug 15, 2022
- Tuna mornayAug 15, 2022
- 31 brilliant baked cheesecakesAug 14, 2022
- Overnight oats with muddled strawberriesAug 14, 2022
- Classic blueberry muffinsAug 14, 2022
- 35 vegetarian dishes featuring mushroomAug 12, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022