- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams cold butter, chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk, approximately
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ½ small red onion (50g), sliced thinly
- ½ small green capsicum (bell pepper) (75g), sliced thinly
- 100 grams sliced pepperoni, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (100g) (see tips) well-drained pineapple pieces, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (55g) drained sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup (120g) pizza cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Oil a shallow 22cm square cake pan.
- 2Sift flour, soda and salt into a medium bowl; rub in butter. Add enough buttermilk to mix to a soft, sticky dough. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll dough into a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- 3Spread dough with combined sauces; sprinkle with onion, capsicum, pepperoni, pineapple, olives and half the cheese. Roll dough tightly from long side. Using serrated knife, trim ends. Cut roll into 9 slices; place scrolls, cut-side up, in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake about 25 minutes.
We drained our pineapple and then patted it dry on paper towels to prevent the pineapple making the scrolls soggy. These scrolls are delicious eaten warm or cold. For a meat-free version, replace the pepperoni with thinly sliced swiss brown mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- What you can cook in your air fryerYesterday 10:15pm
- 20 easy desserts made with your favourite cerealsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas tree shortbreadsYesterday 6:06am
- Jam shortbread snowflakesYesterday 6:00am
- Lemon chickenYesterday 3:57am
- Lemon chicken rissolesYesterday 3:27am
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceYesterday 1:41am
- White choc-mint candy cane barkYesterday 12:29am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 29, 2021
- Four ways with stuffingNov 29, 2021
- Festive walnut shortbreadNov 29, 2021
- Our best-ever chicken burgerNov 29, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchNov 29, 2021
- Coconut riceNov 29, 2021