- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams cold butter, chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk, approximately
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ½ small red onion (50g), sliced thinly
- ½ small green capsicum (bell pepper) (75g), sliced thinly
- 100 grams sliced pepperoni, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (100g) (see tips) well-drained pineapple pieces, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (55g) drained sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup (120g) pizza cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Oil a shallow 22cm square cake pan.
- 2Sift flour, soda and salt into a medium bowl; rub in butter. Add enough buttermilk to mix to a soft, sticky dough. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll dough into a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- 3Spread dough with combined sauces; sprinkle with onion, capsicum, pepperoni, pineapple, olives and half the cheese. Roll dough tightly from long side. Using serrated knife, trim ends. Cut roll into 9 slices; place scrolls, cut-side up, in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake about 25 minutes.
We drained our pineapple and then patted it dry on paper towels to prevent the pineapple making the scrolls soggy. These scrolls are delicious eaten warm or cold. For a meat-free version, replace the pepperoni with thinly sliced swiss brown mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021