- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams cold butter, chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk, approximately
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- ½ small red onion (50g), sliced thinly
- ½ small green capsicum (bell pepper) (75g), sliced thinly
- 100 grams sliced pepperoni, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup (100g) (see tips) well-drained pineapple pieces, chopped coarsely
- ⅓ cup (55g) drained sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup (120g) pizza cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Oil a shallow 22cm square cake pan.
- 2Sift flour, soda and salt into a medium bowl; rub in butter. Add enough buttermilk to mix to a soft, sticky dough. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead lightly until smooth. Roll dough into a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
- 3Spread dough with combined sauces; sprinkle with onion, capsicum, pepperoni, pineapple, olives and half the cheese. Roll dough tightly from long side. Using serrated knife, trim ends. Cut roll into 9 slices; place scrolls, cut-side up, in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake about 25 minutes.
We drained our pineapple and then patted it dry on paper towels to prevent the pineapple making the scrolls soggy. These scrolls are delicious eaten warm or cold. For a meat-free version, replace the pepperoni with thinly sliced swiss brown mushrooms.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021