Leftover lamb pot pies
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leftover cooked lamb shanks, meat shredded
- 1 (120g) medium carrot, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon gravy powder
- 1 cup (250ml) reserved cooking liquid from lamb
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 400 gram canned lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 500 gram reserved par-boiled potatoes, sliced thinly
- 50 gram butter, melted
- 90 gram butter, chopped
- 4 cup (480g) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
Leftover lamb pot pies with mushy peas
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease four x 1¼-cup (310ml) ramekins or ovenproof dishes. Place the dishes on an oven tray.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add shredded lamb and carrot; cook, stirring, until hot. Add the gravy powder; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved cooking liquid and water; bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in lentils and peas. Divide mixture between the ramekins.
- 3Arrange the sliced potato over the lamb mixture, brushing with melted butter between layers. Bake for 20 minutes until potato is golden.
- 4Meanwhile, make mushy peas: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook the peas, mint and sugar for about 6 minutes, stirring, until tender. Using a stick blender, puree pea mixture until combined. Stir in juice; season to taste.
- 5Serve pies with mushy peas and a mixed leaf salad and tomato sauce, if desired.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019