- 1¾ cups (255g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ⅓ cup (50g) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 6 cups (480g) finely shredded cabbage
- ⅓ cup (90g) red pickled ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- red pickled ginger, extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1Whisk flour, cornflour, eggs and the water in a large bowl until smooth and combined; stand for 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 120°C/250°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 3Meanwhile, make dipping sauce. Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Add cabbage and ginger to the batter; stir to combine.
- 5Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Spoon one quarter of the batter mixture into pan, flattening to form a 2.5cm (1-inch) thick pancake; cook pancake for 4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to tray; keep warm in oven. Repeat process with remaining batter to make four pancakes in total.
- 6Top pancakes with green onion, extra pickled ginger and sesame seeds; serve with dipping sauce.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Garlic breadToday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaYesterday 11:55pm
- Garlic beef stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy recipes with leeksYesterday 1:00pm
- Show-stopping Christmas recipes you'll be famous forYesterday 1:00pm
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 5:37am
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020