- 2 (160g) wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (40g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Cut bread into thin triangles, place on oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine juice, onion and garlic in a small frying pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- 4Blend or process onion mixture with cumin, chickpeas, milk and oil until smooth, stir in coriander.
- 5Serve hummus with pitta crisps.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020