- 2 (160g) wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (40g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Cut bread into thin triangles, place on oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine juice, onion and garlic in a small frying pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- 4Blend or process onion mixture with cumin, chickpeas, milk and oil until smooth, stir in coriander.
- 5Serve hummus with pitta crisps.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded parmesan crispsJan 31, 2021
- Banana berry breakfast sorbetJan 30, 2021
- Boston baked beansToday 5:03am
- Dessert recipes starring fresh peachesToday 4:18am
- 25 pasta recipesToday 1:08am
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Our best cupcake recipesYesterday 11:12pm
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Lamb rack with sourdough, lemon and herb crustYesterday 10:43pm
- Lamb chops with slow-roast tomatoesYesterday 9:00pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Roast stuffed mushroomsYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato samosasYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast and brunch recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Banana pancakes with butterscotch sauceYesterday 1:00pm