- 2 (160g) wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (40g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Cut bread into thin triangles, place on oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine juice, onion and garlic in a small frying pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- 4Blend or process onion mixture with cumin, chickpeas, milk and oil until smooth, stir in coriander.
- 5Serve hummus with pitta crisps.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Fettuccine carbonaraYesterday 6:37am
- 28 picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Spring rollsYesterday 1:55am
- Mixed berry muffinsYesterday 12:30am
- Almond caramel barsSep 23, 2021
- Sausage rollsSep 23, 2021
- Mussels in tomato sauceSep 23, 2021
- Air fryer vegetable spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Our 23 best toastie recipesSep 23, 2021
- Thai spring rollsSep 23, 2021
- Teriyaki chicken salad rollsSep 23, 2021
- Easy vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2021
- TabboulehSep 23, 2021
- Greek salad lamb pitta pocketsSep 23, 2021
- 20 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertSep 23, 2021