- 2 (160g) wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (40g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Cut bread into thin triangles, place on oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine juice, onion and garlic in a small frying pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- 4Blend or process onion mixture with cumin, chickpeas, milk and oil until smooth, stir in coriander.
- 5Serve hummus with pitta crisps.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasAug 08, 2022