- 2 (160g) wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 (40g) brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 200 gram (6½ ounces) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- 2Cut bread into thin triangles, place on oven tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine juice, onion and garlic in a small frying pan, cook over medium heat, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion softens.
- 4Blend or process onion mixture with cumin, chickpeas, milk and oil until smooth, stir in coriander.
- 5Serve hummus with pitta crisps.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesToday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichYesterday 2:00pm
- Potato and leek soupYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Miso noodle hotpotYesterday 2:00pm
- Mini chicken and leek piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyYesterday 4:02am
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021