- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1Place egg yolks, water, lemon juice and seasoning in a large bowl. Put bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and whisk until eggs have doubled in volume, being careful eggs do not get too hot and begin to curdle.
- 2Whisking continuously, add warm melted butter in a thin and steady stream until sauce has thickened and increased in volume again.
- 3Check seasoning and serve sauce immediately, or cover closely and keep in a warm place for up to four hours before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020