- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1Place egg yolks, water, lemon juice and seasoning in a large bowl. Put bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and whisk until eggs have doubled in volume, being careful eggs do not get too hot and begin to curdle.
- 2Whisking continuously, add warm melted butter in a thin and steady stream until sauce has thickened and increased in volume again.
- 3Check seasoning and serve sauce immediately, or cover closely and keep in a warm place for up to four hours before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019