- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 gram butter, melted
- 1Place egg yolks, water, lemon juice and seasoning in a large bowl. Put bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and whisk until eggs have doubled in volume, being careful eggs do not get too hot and begin to curdle.
- 2Whisking continuously, add warm melted butter in a thin and steady stream until sauce has thickened and increased in volume again.
- 3Check seasoning and serve sauce immediately, or cover closely and keep in a warm place for up to four hours before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020