- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 gram beef mince
- 150 gram button mushrooms
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to season
- 1 packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 egg
- salad, to serve.
- 60 gram butter
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute' onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until tender. Add mince. Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned, breaking up lumps with the back of a spoon. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes and wine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add parsley and season to taste.
- 4To make the white sauce, melt butter in a medium pan on high. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Blend in milk until smooth. Return to heat. cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Simmer for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- 5Place 1 lasagne sheet in prepared dish, cutting to fit. Spoon over half mince mixture then pour half of the white sauce. Sprinkle with a quarter of the combined tasty cheese and parmesan.
- 6Repeat layers, finishing with lasagne sheet.
- 7In a bowl, whisk together cream and egg. Season to taste. Pour over last lasagne sheet. Sprinkle with combined remaining cheese.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and tender. Stand for 5 minutes, then serve with salad.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rhubarb and raspberry crostataToday 1:56am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 6:00pm
- Coq au vinYesterday 5:00pm
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020