Harissa haloumi burgers
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), sliced
- 1 large loaf turkish bread (430g)
- cooking-oil spray
- 2 x 180g packets haloumi cheese, halved horizontally
- 2 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 medium tomatoes (300g), sliced
- 1 cup (60g) mesclun
- 1/2 cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Harissa haloumi burgers with mint mayonnaise
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until softened. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, make mint mayonnaise: Whisk ingredients in a small bowl to combine. Season to taste.
- 3Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Trim ends from bread; cut remaining bread into quarters then halve pieces horizontally. Spray cut sides of bread with cooking oil. Place bread, cut-side down, in pan for 30 seconds until charred and toasted.
- 4Combine haloumi, harissa and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Heat frying pan over high heat; cook haloumi 1 minute each side or until golden.
- 5Spread bread with mayonnaise. Sandwich with tomato, mesclun, haloumi and onion.
You could use sliced chicken breast or minute steak instead of the haloumi if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019