Grilled mushrooms, soft-boiled eggs rolled in dukkah served with crispy kale for a deliciously healthy breakfast that's full of flavour.
- 4 field mushrooms (400g)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 4 extra-large eggs (60g each)
- ¼ cup (30g) pistachio dukkah
- 145 grams kale leaves, stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup (95g) greek yoghurt
- 1Preheat oven grill (broiler). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Remove stalks from mushrooms; discard. Place mushrooms on tray. Combine garlic, butter, chives and walnuts in a small bowl. Spoon the butter mixture into centre of each mushroom; grill for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and soft, and walnuts are toasted.
- 3Meanwhile, cook eggs in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft-boiled; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel eggs; roll in dukkah.
- 4Brush kale leaves with oil; grill for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- 5Serve mushrooms with eggs, kale and yoghurt.
Bring the eggs to room temperature before cooking to ensure they are soft-boiled after 5 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021