Grilled mushrooms, soft-boiled eggs rolled in dukkah served with crispy kale for a deliciously healthy breakfast that's full of flavour.
- 4 field mushrooms (400g)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 50 grams butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 4 extra-large eggs (60g each)
- ¼ cup (30g) pistachio dukkah
- 145 grams kale leaves, stalks removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup (95g) greek yoghurt
- 1Preheat oven grill (broiler). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Remove stalks from mushrooms; discard. Place mushrooms on tray. Combine garlic, butter, chives and walnuts in a small bowl. Spoon the butter mixture into centre of each mushroom; grill for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and soft, and walnuts are toasted.
- 3Meanwhile, cook eggs in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until soft-boiled; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel eggs; roll in dukkah.
- 4Brush kale leaves with oil; grill for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- 5Serve mushrooms with eggs, kale and yoghurt.
Bring the eggs to room temperature before cooking to ensure they are soft-boiled after 5 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022