Green curry chicken pie
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 800 gram chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (75g) green curry paste
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthways, then cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 400 millilitre canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- salad leaves, to serve
Green curry chicken pie
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken; cook, stirring, until starting to brown. Add the onion; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the curry paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. This step is important because it cooks the ingredients in the paste and releases all the flavour.
- 3Add the zucchini to pan, then sprinkle the flour over the mixture. Stir for 1 minute or until everything is coated. Pour in the coconut milk, add sugar and fish sauce; bring to a simmer, stirring.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and zucchini is tender. Stir in the lime juice. Transfer chicken mixture to a 23cm-24cm pie dish. Cool.
- 5Brush the edge of the pie dish with egg; place puff pastry over top. Trim pastry; use trimmed corners to cover any gaps around edges. Pierce a few holes in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- 6Brush with egg; bake for about 25 minutes or until puffed and golden on top. Serve pie with salad leaves.
This pie has a definite kick of heat. If you want a milder pie, just reduce the amount of curry paste to 1 or 2 tablespoons. Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesAug 02, 2020
- Roast lambAug 02, 2020
- Cheese delightsAug 02, 2020
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy lunchbox recipesAug 02, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerAug 02, 2020
- Savoury apple sauceAug 02, 2020
- Cheesecake recipesAug 02, 2020
- Our favourite family roastsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020