- 500 gram fillet steak, in one piece
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 125 gram piece green ginger
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil, extra
- 1 green pepper
- 6 shallots
- 1 red chilli
- 1Trim all fat and sinew from meat; slice meat into 5mm slices. Put meat in bowl, combine with cornflour, oil and soy sauce, mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2Clean, peel and thinly slice green ginger and combine with vinegar, sugar and salt in a separate bowl; marinate for 20 minutes or longer.
- 3Heat extra oil in wok or pan, and add meat slices gradually, spreading out in pan. When browned on one side, turn to brown other side; don't overlap slices or meat will not brown well. Cook quickly, and only until meat is tender, then remove from pan.
- 4Cut pepper in half, remove seeds, chop into 2.5cm cubes.
- 5Add ginger with liquid to pan with chopped pepper and shallots; cook quickly, stirring for two to three minutes. Return meat to pan, continue cooking for a further minute. Stir constantly. Serve garnished with thinly sliced chilli or sliced shallots.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mixed berry clafoutisYesterday 12:14am
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019
- Berry and coconut chia puddingAug 07, 2019
- 22 pasta recipesAug 07, 2019
- Roast vegetable spelt pastaAug 06, 2019
- 10 easy bread recipesAug 06, 2019
- Slow-cooked lamb with braised green beansAug 06, 2019
- Chicken dinner recipesAug 06, 2019