- 500 gram fillet steak, in one piece
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 125 gram piece green ginger
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil, extra
- 1 green pepper
- 6 shallots
- 1 red chilli
- 1Trim all fat and sinew from meat; slice meat into 5mm slices. Put meat in bowl, combine with cornflour, oil and soy sauce, mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- 2Clean, peel and thinly slice green ginger and combine with vinegar, sugar and salt in a separate bowl; marinate for 20 minutes or longer.
- 3Heat extra oil in wok or pan, and add meat slices gradually, spreading out in pan. When browned on one side, turn to brown other side; don't overlap slices or meat will not brown well. Cook quickly, and only until meat is tender, then remove from pan.
- 4Cut pepper in half, remove seeds, chop into 2.5cm cubes.
- 5Add ginger with liquid to pan with chopped pepper and shallots; cook quickly, stirring for two to three minutes. Return meat to pan, continue cooking for a further minute. Stir constantly. Serve garnished with thinly sliced chilli or sliced shallots.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019