- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250 grams) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) fish stock
- 500 gram potatoes
- 2 small eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 350 gram skinless white fish fillets, thickly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add sauce and basil; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in stock; season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, slice thinly.
- 4Heat oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue); cook eggplant until browned lightly.
- 5Spoon half the tomato mixture into 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish; layer potato, zucchini, eggplant and fish in rows in dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture into dish. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020