- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (250 grams) bottled tomato pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) fish stock
- 500 gram potatoes
- 2 small eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 350 gram skinless white fish fillets, thickly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2In a medium saucepan, heat oil; cook onion, stirring, until soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add sauce and basil; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in stock; season to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, slice thinly.
- 4Heat oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue); cook eggplant until browned lightly.
- 5Spoon half the tomato mixture into 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish; layer potato, zucchini, eggplant and fish in rows in dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture into dish. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until fish is cooked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021