- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1Place egg yolks, sugar and milk in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't allow water to touch base of bowl). Whisk about 15 minutes or until mixture lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, stir in brandy, cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Beat cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; fold into liqueur mixture.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into liqueur mixture, in two batches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022