- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1Place egg yolks, sugar and milk in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't allow water to touch base of bowl). Whisk about 15 minutes or until mixture lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, stir in brandy, cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Beat cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; fold into liqueur mixture.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into liqueur mixture, in two batches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesToday 12:03am
- RatatouilleYesterday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesYesterday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesYesterday 12:20am
- Scone recipesApr 07, 2020
- PikeletsApr 07, 2020
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesApr 07, 2020
- Easter baking ideasApr 07, 2020
- White sauceApr 07, 2020
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieApr 07, 2020
- Gluten-free sconesApr 07, 2020
- 20 classic baking recipesApr 07, 2020
- Irish soda bread rollsApr 07, 2020
- Sausage casseroleApr 07, 2020
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020