- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1Place egg yolks, sugar and milk in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't allow water to touch base of bowl). Whisk about 15 minutes or until mixture lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, stir in brandy, cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Beat cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; fold into liqueur mixture.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into liqueur mixture, in two batches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsYesterday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019