- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 cup (500ml) hot milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1Place egg yolks, sugar and milk in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't allow water to touch base of bowl). Whisk about 15 minutes or until mixture lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, stir in brandy, cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Beat cream in small bowl until soft peaks form; fold into liqueur mixture.
- 3Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form; gently fold into liqueur mixture, in two batches.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022