- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 10 pencil leeks (180g)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 140 gram soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Grease a 21cm x 30cm ovenproof dish or shallow loose-based fluted tart tin. Overlap pastry sheets slightly; press to join. Lift pastry into dish, press onto base and sides; trim excess pastry. Prick base all over with a fork; place dish on an oven tray. Line pastry with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake a further 10 minutes or until pastry is browned and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a chargrill plate (or grill) to medium-high heat. Trim and wash leeks; pat dry. Brush leeks with oil; cook, turning, for 7 minutes or until tender.
- 4Reduce oven to 200°C.
- 5Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a large bowl; season well. Pour egg mixture into pastry case; top with leeks and half the goat’s cheese.
- 6Bake quiche for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Top with remaining goat’s cheese.
Pencil leeks are also called baby or tiny leeks; use thick green onions instead if you can’t find them. Or use 10 trimmed asparagus spears instead. Quiche is best made on the day of serving. Easy by name, easy by method. Turn this classic quiche into a meal and serve it with bitter salad leaves tossed with sunflower seeds, pepitas, lemon juice and olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019