- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 10 pencil leeks (180g)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 140 gram soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Grease a 21cm x 30cm ovenproof dish or shallow loose-based fluted tart tin. Overlap pastry sheets slightly; press to join. Lift pastry into dish, press onto base and sides; trim excess pastry. Prick base all over with a fork; place dish on an oven tray. Line pastry with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake a further 10 minutes or until pastry is browned and crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, heat a chargrill plate (or grill) to medium-high heat. Trim and wash leeks; pat dry. Brush leeks with oil; cook, turning, for 7 minutes or until tender.
- 4Reduce oven to 200°C.
- 5Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan in a large bowl; season well. Pour egg mixture into pastry case; top with leeks and half the goat’s cheese.
- 6Bake quiche for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Top with remaining goat’s cheese.
Pencil leeks are also called baby or tiny leeks; use thick green onions instead if you can’t find them. Or use 10 trimmed asparagus spears instead. Quiche is best made on the day of serving. Easy by name, easy by method. Turn this classic quiche into a meal and serve it with bitter salad leaves tossed with sunflower seeds, pepitas, lemon juice and olive oil.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salted honeycombMay 24, 2019
- Chorizo and tomato omelette with chilli beansMay 23, 2019
- Croque monsieurMay 22, 2019
- Osso buco with gremolataMay 22, 2019
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019