- 2 x 250g packaged quick-cook brown basmati rice
- 1 (130g) lebanese cucumber
- 1/2 small_piece (350g) wombok (napa cabbage) , shredded
- 100 gram snow peas, sliced thinly
- 1 small_piece (70g) carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 2 cup (160g) bean sprouts
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup (70g) salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh perilla leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup fresh thai basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1Heat rice in a microwave oven according to packet instructions.
- 2Meanwhile, halve cucumber lengthways, remove seeds. Cut cucumber into long thin strips.
- 3Place rice and cucumber in a large bowl with wombok, snow peas, carrot and sprouts, then most of the onion, peanuts, torn perilla and thai basil, toss gently to combine. Reserve some of the onion, peanuts, perilla and basil to top salad.
- 4Make sesame dressing. Whisk ingredients kecap manis, tahini, sesame oil, mirin and the water together in a small bowl.
- 5Add dressing to salad, toss gently to combine. Top salad with remaining onion, peanuts, perilla and thai basil.
sesame dressing Perilla leaves, also known as shiso leaves, belong to the mint family and are available in green and purple-red varieties from Asian grocers. Use the leaves whole or shredded, as an ingredient or a condiment. You can use mint leaves instead.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022