- 8 thick slices sourdough bread (800g)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 200 grams (6½ ounces) thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- 2 large tomatoes (440g), sliced
- 1 cup (125g) coarsely grated gruyère cheese
- 1Spread four slices of bread with mustard; top with prosciutto, tomato, cheese and remaining bread.
- 2Cook in a sandwich press until browned lightly.
If you haven't got a sandwich press, cook the sandwiches in a heated oiled large frying pan until browned both sides. You'll need to pay attention when turning the sandwich to stop the filling falling out.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019