Creamy rice pudding with caramelised pears
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2 cup milk
- 300 millilitre cream
- 1/4 cup short-grain rice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 30 gram butter
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
Creamyricepudding with caramelised pears
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a deep 6-cup casserole dish liberally with melted butter. Combine all ingredients in dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour until rice is creamy and almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove lid. Stir and cook a further 30 minutes, uncovered, adding more milk as required.
- 3Meanwhile, to make caramelised pears, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the pears and stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until pears are tender and golden brown. Blend in the sugar and cream and continue stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- 4Serve pudding with topped with pears.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021