Creamy rice pudding with caramelised pears
- 15 gram butter, melted
- 2 cup milk
- 300 millilitre cream
- 1/4 cup short-grain rice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 30 gram butter
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
Creamyricepudding with caramelised pears
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a deep 6-cup casserole dish liberally with melted butter. Combine all ingredients in dish. Bake, covered, for 1 hour until rice is creamy and almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove lid. Stir and cook a further 30 minutes, uncovered, adding more milk as required.
- 3Meanwhile, to make caramelised pears, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the pears and stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until pears are tender and golden brown. Blend in the sugar and cream and continue stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- 4Serve pudding with topped with pears.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020