Corn, quinoa and tofu balls
- 1/2 cup (100g) tri-colour quinoa
- 3 x corn cobs (750g)
- 300 gram hard tofu
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced finely
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- rice bran oil spray
- 30 gram butter
- 2 cup (240g) frozen peas
- 100 gram sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Corn, quinoa and tofu balls with minty cream
- 1Drain the tofu on paper towel; cut into chunks.
- 2Combine the quinoa and 1 cup (250ml) of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover. Set aside to steam for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 3Remove the kernels from two of the corn cobs. In a food processor, process the tofu, corn and egg until almost smooth. Transfer tofu mixture to a large bowl and stir in the drained quinoa, onion, coriander and the kernels from the remaining corn cob. Season to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper.
- 4Shape heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 6Spray the tofu balls with rice bran oil and bake for 30 minutes or until well browned.
- 7Meanwhile, combine the butter and frozen peas into a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Combine sour cream and dried mint in a bowl and stir to combine. Serve tofu balls with the warm peas, sour cream mixture and sweet chilli sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nectarine and almond tartFeb 21, 2019
- Sugar-free chocolate cakeFeb 20, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Gluten-free hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Best ever choc-chip hot cross bunsFeb 17, 2019
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019