- 2 medium beurre bosc pears (460g), halved
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups (220g) quinoa flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/3 cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place pears on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until pears are golden and tender. Add almonds for the last 5 minutes of pear cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place quinoa, coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until cooked and creamy.
- 4Serve porridge topped with baked pears, almonds and any pan juices; drizzle with extra maple syrup and top with flaked coconut.
Quinoa flakes must be fully cooked before eating; make sure they are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Citrus almond twistToday 2:51am
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeToday 2:31am
- 10 quick and easy dessertsToday 2:02am
- Teriyaki salmonYesterday 11:44pm
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkYesterday 1:23am
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaYesterday 12:02am
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019
- 25 magical mushroom recipesAug 07, 2019