- 2 medium beurre bosc pears (460g), halved
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups (220g) quinoa flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/3 cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place pears on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until pears are golden and tender. Add almonds for the last 5 minutes of pear cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place quinoa, coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until cooked and creamy.
- 4Serve porridge topped with baked pears, almonds and any pan juices; drizzle with extra maple syrup and top with flaked coconut.
Quinoa flakes must be fully cooked before eating; make sure they are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022