- 2 medium beurre bosc pears (460g), halved
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups (220g) quinoa flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/3 cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place pears on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until pears are golden and tender. Add almonds for the last 5 minutes of pear cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place quinoa, coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until cooked and creamy.
- 4Serve porridge topped with baked pears, almonds and any pan juices; drizzle with extra maple syrup and top with flaked coconut.
Quinoa flakes must be fully cooked before eating; make sure they are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken curry recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Honey joysYesterday 1:00pm
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Peanut butter cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Windsor shortbreadYesterday 5:10am
- Coconut riceYesterday 4:54am
- Best burger recipesYesterday 4:33am
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019
- Pho boOct 15, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootOct 13, 2019
- Beef stroganoffOct 13, 2019
- Vietnamese meatball and lettuce wrapOct 13, 2019