- 2 medium beurre bosc pears (460g), halved
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups (220g) quinoa flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/3 cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place pears on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until pears are golden and tender. Add almonds for the last 5 minutes of pear cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place quinoa, coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until cooked and creamy.
- 4Serve porridge topped with baked pears, almonds and any pan juices; drizzle with extra maple syrup and top with flaked coconut.
Quinoa flakes must be fully cooked before eating; make sure they are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pumpkin sconesToday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesToday 2:00pm
- Custard tartToday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Camp oven lamb roast with vegetablesMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020
- Hasselback potatoesMay 28, 2020
- Espresso martini cocktailMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- All the classic curry recipesMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Beef and mushroom family pieMay 28, 2020
- Mulled wineMay 28, 2020