- 2 medium beurre bosc pears (460g), halved
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (40g) almond kernels, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups (220g) quinoa flakes
- 1 litre (4 cups) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, extra
- 1/3 cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 2Place pears on a baking-paper-lined oven tray; drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 25 minutes or until pears are golden and tender. Add almonds for the last 5 minutes of pear cooking time.
- 3Meanwhile, place quinoa, coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until cooked and creamy.
- 4Serve porridge topped with baked pears, almonds and any pan juices; drizzle with extra maple syrup and top with flaked coconut.
Quinoa flakes must be fully cooked before eating; make sure they are tender.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019