Coconut, lime and ginger vegetable curry
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 400 millilitre can coconut cream
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 100 gram green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- toasted flaked coconut and fresh coriander to serve
- 1Heat the oil in a large, heavy- based saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and spices over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant. Add the stock and coconut cream, then bring to a simmer.
- 2Add the diced eggplant, courgette and cauliflower, then cover.
- 3Simmer gently for 40 minutes, then remove the lid and add the rice and beans, cooking for 10-12 minutes or until the rice is al dente and the beans are tender and bright green.
- 4Season to taste and stir through the lime zest and spinach. Serve in bowls topped with toasted flaked coconut and fresh coriander leaves.
Fragrant and tangy, this creamy curry-style dish is a great way to use up leftover vegetables or simply to enjoy a meat-free meal.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeJan 19, 2022