Looking for more sweet pie and tart recipes?
Chocolate hazelnut pie
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 150 gram dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon iced water, approximately
Chocolate hazelnut pie
- 1Make pastry: Process flour, sugar and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk and enough of the water, processing until ingredients come together. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Enclose pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Grease a 24cm round loose-based fluted flan pan. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line pan. Ease pastry into pan, press into base and side; trim edge. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Place pan on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 5Place nuts on an oven tray; roast for 5 minutes or until browned lightly, cool. Place nuts in a tea towel; rub to remove skins. Place nuts in pastry case.
- 6Combine sugar, butter, extract and ⅔ cup cream in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until golden and thickened. Pour caramel over nuts; cool until filling is firm.
- 7Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Bring remaining cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over pie. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Remove pie from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Store leftover pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 13 delicious chicken drumstick ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Super-simple chicken parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Veal braciole with rice and peasYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef mince and rice burritosYesterday 3:11am
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 07, 2022
- Beef and lentil curryAug 07, 2022
- Gluten-free peanut butter cookiesAug 07, 2022
- Apple streusel sliceAug 07, 2022
- 22 cost effective meals using mince and riceAug 07, 2022
- Lemon deliciousAug 07, 2022
- Salsa verdeAug 06, 2022
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022