Looking for more sweet pie and tart recipes?
Chocolate hazelnut pie
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 100 gram butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 150 gram dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 125 gram cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon iced water, approximately
Chocolate hazelnut pie
- 1Make pastry: Process flour, sugar and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk and enough of the water, processing until ingredients come together. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Enclose pastry in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Grease a 24cm round loose-based fluted flan pan. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line pan. Ease pastry into pan, press into base and side; trim edge. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 4Place pan on an oven tray. Line pastry case with baking paper; fill with dried beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool.
- 5Place nuts on an oven tray; roast for 5 minutes or until browned lightly, cool. Place nuts in a tea towel; rub to remove skins. Place nuts in pastry case.
- 6Combine sugar, butter, extract and ⅔ cup cream in a small saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until golden and thickened. Pour caramel over nuts; cool until filling is firm.
- 7Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Bring remaining cream to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture over pie. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Remove pie from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Store leftover pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021