Serve with rice, corn chips or on top of baked potatoes - just don't forget the guacamole and sour cream.
Chilli con carne
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram lean minced beef
- 2 medium (300g) onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 long green chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (rounded) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 410g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 gram can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- steamed rice, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
Chilli con carne
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a medium flameproof heavy-based pan over high heat. Cook mince, stirring, to break up lumps, until browned. Remove mince from pan.
- 2Lower the heat to medium; add remaining oil and cook onion, garlic, chillies and spices until the onion is soft.
- 3Return mince to pan; stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and kidney beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in stock then bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Top with coriander and serve with rice and sour cream.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Low fat beef sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020