Serve with rice, corn chips or on top of baked potatoes - just don't forget the guacamole and sour cream.
Chilli con carne
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram lean minced beef
- 2 medium (300g) onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 long green chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (rounded) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 410g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 gram can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup (250ml) beef stock
- 1/4 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- steamed rice, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
Chilli con carne
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a medium flameproof heavy-based pan over high heat. Cook mince, stirring, to break up lumps, until browned. Remove mince from pan.
- 2Lower the heat to medium; add remaining oil and cook onion, garlic, chillies and spices until the onion is soft.
- 3Return mince to pan; stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and kidney beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in stock then bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Top with coriander and serve with rice and sour cream.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022