Chicken soba salad
- 600 gram chicken breast fillets
- 250 gram soba noodles
- 6 red radishes, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet toasted seaweed (yaki-nori), finely shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 millilitres) mirin
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 centimetre piece fresh ginger (20 grams), grated
Chicken soba salad
- 1Place chicken in medium saucepan of boiling water; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cool chicken in liquid 10 minutes. Remove chicken; discard liquid (or keep for another use). Shred chicken coarsely.
- 2Cook noodles in large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Cover; refrigerate until cool.
- 3Meanwhile, place ingredients for mirin dressing in screw-top jar; shake well.
- 4Place chicken and noodles in large serving bowl with radish, cucumber, onion and dressing; toss gently to combine. Top with seaweed; serve immediately.
All ingredients can be prepared ahead of time and stored separately, covered, in the refrigerator. Use scissors to cut the seaweed into fine shreds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021