Wholesome and warming, this chicken noodle soup is the perfect comfort food for the cooler weather.
Chicken noodle soup
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 litre (8 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 300 gram chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 185 gram rice vermicelli
- 1 bunch baby pak choy (baby bok choy), shredded coarsely
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 115 gram punnet baby corn, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 6 green onions (green shallots), finely sliced diagonally
Chicken noodle soup
- 1Combine oil, garlic, ginger and chilli in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until aromatic.
- 2Add the stock and chicken breast fillets to the saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer gently until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken from saucepan.
- 3Bring soup back to the boil; add the noodles and cook until almost tender. Add pak choy, carrots and corn, and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the pak choy leaves are bright green.
- 4Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- 5Remove the saucepan from the heat; stir in the chicken and coriander. Serve soup topped with the green onions.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am