Wholesome and warming, this chicken noodle soup is the perfect comfort food for the cooler weather.
Chicken noodle soup
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 litre (8 cups) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 300 gram chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 185 gram rice vermicelli
- 1 bunch baby pak choy (baby bok choy), shredded coarsely
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 115 gram punnet baby corn, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 6 green onions (green shallots), finely sliced diagonally
Chicken noodle soup
- 1Combine oil, garlic, ginger and chilli in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until aromatic.
- 2Add the stock and chicken breast fillets to the saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer gently until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken from saucepan.
- 3Bring soup back to the boil; add the noodles and cook until almost tender. Add pak choy, carrots and corn, and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the pak choy leaves are bright green.
- 4Meanwhile, shred the chicken.
- 5Remove the saucepan from the heat; stir in the chicken and coriander. Serve soup topped with the green onions.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021