Coriander yoghurt sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh spearmint leaves
- 1 bird's-eye chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup (100g) thick yoghurt
- 4 plate-size whole snapper (or 4 x 160g fish fillets with skin on)
- 2 tablespoon chermoula spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh bird's-eye chilli, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 400 gram large spinach leaves (about 2 bunches)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Chermoula-rubbed snapper with coriander yoghurt sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 2To make coriander yoghurt sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl without over-mixing, or yoghurt will separate and make the sauce too thin.
- 3Cut three incisions into the thickest part of the fish on each side of the fish. Rub the chermoula over the fish, then shake off excess.
- 4Heat a non-stick frying pan. Brush fish with oil, place the fish in a pan (in batches if necessary).
- 5Cook fish on one side until golden, flip over and cook until golden on second side. Transfer the fish to an oven for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish. Check in the incisions in the flesh and if white to the bone, then it's cooked. Cover to keep warm.
- 6Toss chilli and garlic in the same pan with a touch more oil and cook for a minute to release the flavor. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted; stir in lemon juice.
- 7Place the fish on a serving plate, place spinach mixture next to the fish, then top with coriander yoghurt sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022