- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup firmly packed, coarsely grated carrot
- 1/3 cup (40g) finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts, extra
- lemon cream cheese frosting
- 90 gram cream cheese, softened
- 30 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole (2-tablespoon/40ml) deep flat-based patty pans with paper cases.
- 2Beat oil, sugar and egg in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Stir in carrot and nuts, then sifted flour and spice. Divide mixture among paper cases.
- 3Bake cakes about 20 minutes. Stand cakes 5 minutes before turning top-side up onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make frosting: beat cream cheese, butter and rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
- 5Spoon lemon cream cheese frosting into piping bag fitted with 2cm (¾-inch) fluted tube; pipe frosting onto cakes.
- 6Sprinkle cakes with combined pepitas, apricots and extra nuts. lemon cream cheese frosting Beat cream cheese, butter and rind in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best hummus recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- How to start a food blogYesterday 1:00pm
- Peaches and cream pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Our classic pavlova recipeYesterday 1:00pm
- Roti canai flatbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021
- Baked bean and ricotta-stuffed mushroomOct 19, 2021
- Easy combination fried riceOct 19, 2021
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingOct 19, 2021
- 24 perfect pineapple recipesOct 19, 2021
- Honey mustard chicken stripOct 18, 2021
- Mediterranean roast vegetablesOct 18, 2021
- How to make basic sconesOct 18, 2021