- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup firmly packed, coarsely grated carrot
- 1/3 cup (40g) finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts, extra
- lemon cream cheese frosting
- 90 gram cream cheese, softened
- 30 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole (2-tablespoon/40ml) deep flat-based patty pans with paper cases.
- 2Beat oil, sugar and egg in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Stir in carrot and nuts, then sifted flour and spice. Divide mixture among paper cases.
- 3Bake cakes about 20 minutes. Stand cakes 5 minutes before turning top-side up onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make frosting: beat cream cheese, butter and rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
- 5Spoon lemon cream cheese frosting into piping bag fitted with 2cm (¾-inch) fluted tube; pipe frosting onto cakes.
- 6Sprinkle cakes with combined pepitas, apricots and extra nuts. lemon cream cheese frosting Beat cream cheese, butter and rind in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021