- 185 millilitre creamy evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 15 gram butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1Pour evaporated milk into a small saucepan, add brown sugar, caster sugar and butter and stir over a low heat, without boiling, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2Blend cornflour with water until smooth, add to pan, stir over heat until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- 3Remove sauce from heat and stir in vanilla essence. Serve warm sauce over fruit, pancakes, waffles, ice-cream, etc.
Sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks in a covered container in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022