- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple juice
- 4 large green apples (800g), peeled, quartered, cored
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 45 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 1Combine sugar and juice in 6-litre (24 cup) pressure cooker. Add apples; turn to coat in mixture. Secure lid; bring cooker to low pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 6 minutes.
- 2Release pressure; remove lid. Remove apples from cooker; transfer to serving plates.
- 3Add cream and butter to cooker; simmer, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly. Serve apples drizzled with sauce.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Recipe not suitable for freezing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021