This fresh topping of minted broad beans, peas and poached eggs makes the ideal bruschetta for a tasty and filling breakfast or brunch.
- 3⅓ cups (500g) frozen broad (fava) beans
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas
- ⅓ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 oval bread rolls
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) white vinegar
- 8 cold eggs
- 180 grams marinated persian fetta, drained
- 100 grams semi-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped finely
- 1 cup micro mint
- 1Place broad beans and peas in separate heatproof bowls; cover each with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes; drain. Peel broad beans. Place broad beans and peas in a large bowl; crush coarsely with a potato masher. Stir in mint and garlic; season to taste.
- 2Preheat grill (broiler) to high. Split bread rolls in half. Brush cut side with half the oil. Place bread under grill, cut-side up, for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Turn, grill for 1 minute or until browned lightly.
- 3Half-fill a large frying pan with water; bring to the boil, stir in vinegar. Break one egg into a cup, then slide into pan; repeat with another 3 eggs. Return water to the boil. Cover pan, turn off heat; stand for 2 minutes or until egg white is set and yolks are soft. Remove eggs, one at a time, with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towel. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- 4Spoon broad bean mixture on bread rolls; top with crumbled fetta, semi-dried tomato, eggs and micro mint. Drizzle with remaining oil; season with freshly ground black pepper.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm