- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup (180ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 50 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 250 gram smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 250 gram sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- salmon roe, for serving
- 1Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Gradually whisk in combined milk and egg, then half the melted butter. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush the pan with a little remaining butter. Drop two teaspoons (10ml) of blini mixture into pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until browned lightly underneath and bubbles appear on the surface. Turn, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until blinis are cooked. Repeat with remaining butter and blini mixture.
- 3To serve, top blinis with smoked salmon, crème fraiche, chives and salmon roe.