- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.2 kilogram beef blade steak, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
- 300 gram spinach, trimmed, shredded coarsely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded green olives
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped, roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1Heat half the oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and spices, stirring, until onion softens. Return beef to cooker with undrained tomatoes and stock; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir in spinach, olives and preserved lemon; simmer, uncovered, until hot. Season to taste. Serve tagine sprinkled with nuts.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Preserved lemons, a prominent ingredient in North African cooking, are salted lemons bottled for several months; the flavour is salty, unique and perfumed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021