- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.2 kilogram beef blade steak, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 410 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock
- 300 gram spinach, trimmed, shredded coarsely
- 1/2 cup (60g) seeded green olives
- 2 tablespoon thinly sliced preserved lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (45g) coarsely chopped, roasted unsalted pistachios
- 1Heat half the oil in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook beef, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining oil in cooker; cook onion, garlic and spices, stirring, until onion softens. Return beef to cooker with undrained tomatoes and stock; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 15 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir in spinach, olives and preserved lemon; simmer, uncovered, until hot. Season to taste. Serve tagine sprinkled with nuts.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Preserved lemons, a prominent ingredient in North African cooking, are salted lemons bottled for several months; the flavour is salty, unique and perfumed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022