- 200 gram tub natural yoghurt
- 5 piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 kilogram beef round steak, cubed
- 4 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots chopped
- 2 large red chillies, seeded
- 60 gram butter (or ghee)
- 2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 800 gram can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice, lemon wedges, pappadums, to serve
- 1In a large dish combine yoghurt, ginger, garlic, turmeric and coriander leaves. Add beef and coat well. Chill, covered, 1 hour.
- 2Process 1 onion, 1 capsicum, coriander roots and chillies in a food processor, until a smooth paste forms.
- 3Melt butter in a large saucepan on high. Saute remaining onions, capsicum and garam masala for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Reduce heat to low, then stir in prepared paste and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, stock and beef. Increase heat to medium and bring to boil. Season to taste. Simmer, partially covered. for 1-1/2 hours, until meat is very tender.
- 5Mix in spinach. Serve with rice, lemon wedges, and pappadums.
To make tomato kachoomba, combine chopped tomato with a little finely sliced red onion, white vinegar and chopped coriander. Rather than making your own paste, you can use 1/3 cup rogan josh curry paste, available from your supermarket. This curry can also be made with fish, mixed vegetables and chickpeas or chicken.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022