Lamb rogan josh
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 800 gram lamb neck chops, trimmed
- 2 brown onions (400g), chopped finely
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (150g) rogan josh curry paste
- 410 gram canned tomato purée
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 250 gram spinach, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
Lamb rogan josh
- 1Heat half the ghee in 6-litre (24-cup) pressure cooker; cook lamb, in batches, until browned. Remove from cooker.
- 2Heat remaining ghee in cooker; cook onion, stirring, until browned lightly. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Return lamb to cooker with paste, puree and the water; secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 25 minutes.
- 3Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Stir in spinach and coriander; season to taste.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using. Recipe suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021