Beef burritos are a classic Mexican dish, best topped with sour cream and guacamole.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 500 gram minced beef
- 400 gram canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 400 gram canned kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 x 20cm flour tortillas
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1Heat oil in a medium frying pan over high heat; add onion, garlic, cumin and chilli powder; cook, stirring, about 3 minutes or until onion softens. Add beef; cook, stirring, until browned. Stir in tomatoes, the water and beans; simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; season to taste.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Divide warm beef filling between tortillas, roll to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks.
- 3Place filled tortillas on oiled oven tray; sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- 4Bake burritos about 10 minutes or until heated through. Remove toothpicks; serve burritos topped with sour cream, coriander and, if you like, guacamole.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021