- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 shallot (25g), chopped finely
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 eg yolks
- 200 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1Bring vinegar, the water, shallot, coarsely chopped tarragon and peppercorns to the boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 2 minutes or until liquid reduces by half. Strain over medium heatproof bowl; discard solids. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2Whisk egg yolks into vinegar mixture until combined. Set bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water; do not allow water to touch base of bowl. Whisk mixture over heat until thickened. Remove bowl from heat; gradually whisk in melted butter in thin, steady stream until béarnaise thickens slightly. Stir finely chopped tarragon into sauce.
If sauce separates, whisk in about 1 tablespoon boiling water until mixture is smooth.