- 1.7 kilograms (3½lb) uncooked large king prawns (shrimp), halved lengthways with veins removed (see tips)
- 2 baby fennel bulbs (260g), trimmed, sliced thinly (see tips)
- 250 grams (8oz) baby cucumbers (qukes), sliced into ribbons
- 6 watermelon radishes (210g), sliced thinly (see tips)
- 1/4 cup fresh baby coriander (cilantro)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1To make chilli lime dressing, combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Place prawns in a large bowl with half the dressing; toss to coat. Cook prawns on a heated barbecue (or grill plate or grill), until just changed in colour.
- 3Place fennel, cucumber and radish in a medium bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 4Serve prawns with salad, drizzled with remaining dressing and topped with coriander.
Use sharp kitchen scissors or a chef's knife to halve the prawns; remove the vein (digestion tract). Watermelon radishes are available from specialist greengrocers. If you can't find them, use the regular red variety. Use a mandoline or V-slicer to thinly slice the fennel and radishes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forYesterday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamYesterday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020