- 1.7 kilograms (3½lb) uncooked large king prawns (shrimp), halved lengthways with veins removed (see tips)
- 2 baby fennel bulbs (260g), trimmed, sliced thinly (see tips)
- 250 grams (8oz) baby cucumbers (qukes), sliced into ribbons
- 6 watermelon radishes (210g), sliced thinly (see tips)
- 1/4 cup fresh baby coriander (cilantro)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 fresh long green chilli, sliced thinly
- 1To make chilli lime dressing, combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Place prawns in a large bowl with half the dressing; toss to coat. Cook prawns on a heated barbecue (or grill plate or grill), until just changed in colour.
- 3Place fennel, cucumber and radish in a medium bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 4Serve prawns with salad, drizzled with remaining dressing and topped with coriander.
Use sharp kitchen scissors or a chef's knife to halve the prawns; remove the vein (digestion tract). Watermelon radishes are available from specialist greengrocers. If you can't find them, use the regular red variety. Use a mandoline or V-slicer to thinly slice the fennel and radishes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021