- 150 gram butter
- 1 1/3 cup (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 (185g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (4 small or 3 large bananas)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp (1 large passionfruit)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm baba cake pan or a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients then the banana and milk. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a moderate oven for about 50 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3For the passionfruit icing, sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the butter and passionfruit to form a firm paste. Stir icing over pan of simmering water (or microwave on high for about 20 seconds) until the icing is a pouring consistency.
- 4Spoon passionfruit icing over the cooled cake; allow to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019