- 150 gram butter
- 1 1/3 cup (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 (185g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (4 small or 3 large bananas)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp (1 large passionfruit)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm baba cake pan or a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients then the banana and milk. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a moderate oven for about 50 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3For the passionfruit icing, sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the butter and passionfruit to form a firm paste. Stir icing over pan of simmering water (or microwave on high for about 20 seconds) until the icing is a pouring consistency.
- 4Spoon passionfruit icing over the cooled cake; allow to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020