- 150 gram butter
- 1 1/3 cup (275g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 (185g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (4 small or 3 large bananas)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 teaspoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp (1 large passionfruit)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 20cm baba cake pan or a deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 2Beat the butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients then the banana and milk. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in a moderate oven for about 50 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- 3For the passionfruit icing, sift icing sugar into a heatproof bowl. Stir in the butter and passionfruit to form a firm paste. Stir icing over pan of simmering water (or microwave on high for about 20 seconds) until the icing is a pouring consistency.
- 4Spoon passionfruit icing over the cooled cake; allow to set.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019