- 1 kg piece beef chuck steak
- 30 grams packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 12 mini flour tortillas (300g)
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat a 5-litre (20-cup) slow cooker on LOW. Rub beef with seasoning mix and place in cooker. Pour 1 cup (250ml) water over beef; cook, covered, for 6 hours.
- 2Remove beef from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat coarsely using two forks. Discard half the liquid from cooker. Season remaining liquid to taste.
- 3Meanwhile, trim and wash lettuce. Shred lettuce or leave whole.
- 4Warm tortillas following packet directions. Serve lettuce and beef in tortillas, topped with sour cream and drizzled with a little of the cooking liquid. Season; serve.
Add grated cheddar in step 4, if you like.Serve with the chunky guacamole.Refrigerate beef mixture at the end of step 2 in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months; thaw in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022