White christmas mud cakes
- 125 gram butter, chopped coarsely
- 125 gram white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (105g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon cointreau
- 60 gram white eating chocolate melted, extra
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 120 gram white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (30g) rice bubbles
- 100 gram marshmallows with toasted coconut, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (35g) unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60g) glacé peaches, finely chopped
White christmas mud cakes
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease eight ¾-cup (180ml) pudding moulds.
- 2Stir butter, chocolate, caster sugar and milk in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl; cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sifted flours, then eggs. Spoon cake mixture into moulds; place on oven tray.
- 3Bake cakes about 30 minutes; drizzle cakes with liqueur. Turn hot cakes, still in their moulds, upside down onto baking-paperlined tray; stand overnight.
- 4Cut four 20cm circles from baking paper; cut circles in half. Roll each half into a tight cone. Staple or tape cones to hold their shape.
- 5To make White Christmas, stir chocolate and oil in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Combine rice bubbles, marshmallow, nuts and fruit in medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate mixture.
- 6Push spoonfuls of white christmas firmly into cones. Stand each cone upright in a tall narrow glass. Refrigerate cones about 1 hour or until set.
- 7Remove cakes from moulds. Trim tops of cakes to make flat; turn upside down onto tray. Remove white christmas cones from paper; secure cones to each cake with a little of the extra chocolate. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Serve mud cakes dusted with sifted icing sugar.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am