- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons pepitas (pumpkin seed kernels)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 500 grams (1lb) beef fillet steaks
- Olive-oil spray
- 2 bunches broccolini (350g)
White bean hummus
- 400 grams (12½oz) can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1To make white bean hummus, process all ingredients until smooth; season with pepper to taste.
- 2Dry-fry sunflower seeds, pepitas and cumin seeds in a small heavy-based frying pan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden and aromatic. Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, coarsely grind seed mixture. Reserve 1 tablespoon for serving.
- 3Heat a grill plate (or grill pan or barbecue) over high heat. Coat steaks evenly in seed mixture, spray lightly with oil; cook steaks for 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover loosely with foil; rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broccolini until just tender; drain.
- 5Slice steaks into thick slices across the grain. Serve steak, broccolini and hummus sprinkled with reserved seed mixture.
White bean hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019
- Lamington popsMar 06, 2019
- Can you eat meat on Ash Wednesday?Mar 05, 2019
- Whole cauliflower with creme fraiche dressingMar 04, 2019
- Subscribe to Women's Weekly FOODMar 02, 2019
- Tomato cheesecakes with green olivesFeb 28, 2019
- Prawn and vegetable japanese hash brownsFeb 28, 2019
- Kale pizza with smoked salmon and avocadoFeb 28, 2019