- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (110g) strawberry jam, warmed, strained
- 32 milk chocolate wheaten biscuits (400g) (see tips)
- 1Whisk sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 2Place gelatine and the boiling water in a small jug; stir until gelatine has dissolved. Pour hot gelatine mixture into sugar syrup. Whisk on high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and fluffy and bowl is cool to touch.
- 3Spoon marshmallow filling into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain tube.
- 4Spread jam onto plain side of half the biscuits. Pipe marshmallow over jam; top with remaining biscuits.
You need to buy two 200g packets milk chocolate wheaten biscuits for this recipe. If the marshmallow sets too quickly before you're ready to use it, return it to the mixer bowl with about 1 tablespoon of boiling water and beat it for 1 minute. Wagonettes will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021