- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (110g) strawberry jam, warmed, strained
- 32 milk chocolate wheaten biscuits (400g) (see tips)
- 1Whisk sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 2Place gelatine and the boiling water in a small jug; stir until gelatine has dissolved. Pour hot gelatine mixture into sugar syrup. Whisk on high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and fluffy and bowl is cool to touch.
- 3Spoon marshmallow filling into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain tube.
- 4Spread jam onto plain side of half the biscuits. Pipe marshmallow over jam; top with remaining biscuits.
You need to buy two 200g packets milk chocolate wheaten biscuits for this recipe. If the marshmallow sets too quickly before you're ready to use it, return it to the mixer bowl with about 1 tablespoon of boiling water and beat it for 1 minute. Wagonettes will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022
- Chinese honey chickenMay 16, 2022