- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (110g) strawberry jam, warmed, strained
- 32 milk chocolate wheaten biscuits (400g) (see tips)
- 1Whisk sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 2Place gelatine and the boiling water in a small jug; stir until gelatine has dissolved. Pour hot gelatine mixture into sugar syrup. Whisk on high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and fluffy and bowl is cool to touch.
- 3Spoon marshmallow filling into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain tube.
- 4Spread jam onto plain side of half the biscuits. Pipe marshmallow over jam; top with remaining biscuits.
You need to buy two 200g packets milk chocolate wheaten biscuits for this recipe. If the marshmallow sets too quickly before you're ready to use it, return it to the mixer bowl with about 1 tablespoon of boiling water and beat it for 1 minute. Wagonettes will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Savoury mince pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasYesterday 2:00pm
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesYesterday 5:10am
- Traditional minestroneJul 13, 2020
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceJul 13, 2020
- 18 beautiful baked salmon recipesJul 13, 2020
- 19 homemade muesli bars and snack barsJul 13, 2020
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotJul 13, 2020
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 13, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 13, 2020
- Tuna mornayJul 13, 2020
- Creative cabbage recipesJul 12, 2020
- Healthy recipes with mince for dinnerJul 12, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerJul 12, 2020
- Homemade muesli barsJul 12, 2020
- Fabulous frittata recipesJul 12, 2020