- ⅔ cup (150g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (110g) strawberry jam, warmed, strained
- 32 milk chocolate wheaten biscuits (400g) (see tips)
- 1Whisk sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- 2Place gelatine and the boiling water in a small jug; stir until gelatine has dissolved. Pour hot gelatine mixture into sugar syrup. Whisk on high speed for 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and fluffy and bowl is cool to touch.
- 3Spoon marshmallow filling into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm plain tube.
- 4Spread jam onto plain side of half the biscuits. Pipe marshmallow over jam; top with remaining biscuits.
You need to buy two 200g packets milk chocolate wheaten biscuits for this recipe. If the marshmallow sets too quickly before you're ready to use it, return it to the mixer bowl with about 1 tablespoon of boiling water and beat it for 1 minute. Wagonettes will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Salted honeycombToday 1:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020